Figuring out what’s a healthy water to drink on a regular basis can be a bit confusing, so here’s a guide:
1) THE WATER SHOULD ALWAYS COME FROM NATURE, NOT FROM A TREATMENT PLANT.
Water from a treatment plant is as the term implies: treated. This means that whatever minerals that are present in the rain water from catchment areas are stripped away using chemicals and various methods. Treatment plants also add chlorine, synthetic fluoride – called hydrofluorsilictic acid (a waste product from the aluminium industry), and up to 27 other chemicals. The terrible thing is: treatment plants remove minerals our bodies need, but add chemicals that are bad for us, solely in order to safeguard the distribution pipe-network. In addition, tap water often contains traces of medication and drugs.
Beware of sport drinks and electrolyte waters, as these use tap water and often add cheap mineral supplements, High Fructose Corn Syrup and harmful artificial sweeteners.
Aqui-Live comes from a 900 meter-deep source, far away from any potential contaminants.
2) THE WATER SHOULD BE NATURALLY ALKALINE, WITH A PH OF AT LEAST 7,4. This helps fight acidity in the body, helps prevent disease, and also aids in reducing lactic acid build-up in athletes. Aqui-Live is naturally alkaline with a pH of 8,3.
3) THE WATER SHOULD HAVE LOTS OF MAGNESIUM, AT LEAST 75 mg/1.
Magnesium is what creates energy in the mitochondria, and is the mineral that relaxes muscles. During workouts, cardiovascular training, and also in times of stress, our bodies consume a lot more magnesium than normally. This has to be replenished. Aqui-Live has 92 mg/l magnesium.
4) THE WATER SHOULD HAVE MORE MAGNESIUM THAN CALCIUM. Such water is incredibly hard to find, because magnesium is easily washed away in the soil, whereas calcium is a harden mineral that is often the only mineral left in the soil. Calcium contracts muscles (including the heart), magnesium relaxes muscles. The ideal ratio in your body should be 1:1. In reality, our bodies are likely to have up to ten times the amount of calcium than magnesium, for the above reason. This may cause significant long-term issues, including cramps, lack of energy, arthritis, and even heart attacks. Aqui-Live has 92 mg/l magnesium, but only 64 mg/l calcium.
5) THE WATER SHOULD HAVE A GOOD BALANCE OF ELECTROLYTES AND TRACE MINERALS. Only water from a source deep in the ground can typically offer these essential minerals. All minerals work in connection with other minerals in order to be absorbed in the body and function properly. For example, magnesium is dependent on calcium, zinc, and sulphur, and can’t get into the mitochondria unless there’s a presence of bicarbonate. The various minerals in your body work together in a complex web of interactions, and help you stay healthy. That’s why there’s no point in taking individual minerals as supplement, it’s not that simple. Ideally, you should have good levels of sodium, potassium, bicarbonate, iodine, zinc, silica, manganese, copper, vanadium, selenium, nickel, and naturally occurring fluoride (not the chemical cocktail that’s used in tap water). Aqui-Live has a great natural balance of all of these trace minerals.
6) THE WATER SHOULD HAVE AS LITTE NITRATE AS POSSIBLE. Nitrate is the measure or purity in water. Nitrate is foreign contaminants in water like human sewage, animal waste and fertilisers. Water in its normal state has 1 mg/l, many bottled water brands have between 1-4 mg/l nitrate. Tap water in Australia is approved to have up to 45 mg/l nitrate. Aqui-Live has only 0,008 mg/l nitrate, far purer than any water on the shelf.
Aqui-Live is the very foundation of good health.